Welcome

Following the crowning of my NHS experience with a stint at a PCT and the resulting redundancy (traumatic, though much wanted and worked for), my husband and I are going back to my roots near a small village in Smaland, Sweden. These are our experiences.

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Summer rain

It's very hot.  Yesterday, I had decided that I was going to go swimming come what may after being in the cafe all day, so Graham picked me up, drove me to one of the local lakes. I changed in the car, got out into the rain and into the lake.  Ooooh it was lovely and after about 10 strokes, I decided to swim out to the pontoon, about 50m from shore.  At this point I should mention that thunder and lightning were getting somewhat closer and the rain was getting somewhat heavier.  Not being sure on the chances of electrocution/lightning strike/drowning whilst out of the water/being a prat, I decided reluctantly to get out. Still I'd got a swim in - Hurrah!

No comments:

Post a Comment