Welcome

Following the crowning of my NHS experience with a stint at a PCT and the resulting redundancy (traumatic, though much wanted and worked for), my husband and I are going back to my roots near a small village in Smaland, Sweden. These are our experiences.

Monday, July 22, 2013

The Daily Commute

In my previous life, my commute was on the underground from Zone 4 to Zone 4 on the other side of London.  If I left before 6:50am, I would mostly get a seat, though towards the end, I did have to get there by 6:40, and the trip was straight through, for one hour.  My home station and destination station were above ground, so I could wait in the open air and caught some pretty nice sunrises and sunsets.  The inbetween bits were stressful, crowded, hot and smelly though.  Now I've started the summer cafe, I have a commute again.  This, as you can imagine is somewhat different.  For a start, I have to drive.  I say 'have to' I could actually cycle.  It would take about an hour, but I've done that from Perivale to Charing Cross Hospital (in Hammersmith) before now and that was OK. However, I've borrowed a neighbour's son's car, which is fantastically battered and I love it, even the mould demon smell.

Here are photos of a journey home from work.  So instead of starting in Leytonstone, I start in Habo and instead of ending up in Perivale, I end up in Bet.  (Interestingly, neither of them 'officially' exist as their own entities).  The journey takes about 20min.
Leaving Habo

Passing the processing of the second silage crop

Coming up to Habo church

rounding the corner of the church

to the top of the hill

imaging living with that view!

Heading south to the main road
On the 'other side'!

Southfork! Makes me laugh every time, sorry...

Driving through fields of rye... the barley is a little further on.

Through various farmyards

a favourite shed

and the road goes ever on...


Turning off the tarmac into the home stretch

Alternative transport in case you get hit by a moose.

Into the forest


Almost there!

Heading into Bet

Home sweet home

No comments:

Post a Comment