Welcome

Following the crowning of my NHS experience with a stint at a PCT and the resulting redundancy (traumatic, though much wanted and worked for), my husband and I are going back to my roots near a small village in Smaland, Sweden. These are our experiences.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Sorted!

This week, I'm taking some time to sort out the office, rearrange all the boxes and put up some shelves and things.  So far, so mundane, but!  The new desk is my grandfather's and was hand made in oak, I'll need to paint the shelves that came from my great grandfather on the Storck side as they are stained dark and will dominate the narrow space. I want to keep wools and swatches on there, so I can see them easily. I'd love to redecorate, the walls are completely the wrong shade of blue, but we're not allowed.... we'll see in a couple of years though.

The amount of stuff that my grandmother left was totally phenomenal, but how can you throw away pattern books from the 1850! I must admit that I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by it all, but there's nothing to do, but just get on and sort it out.

Will post a photo on Friday - that'll give me a deadline..

No comments:

Post a Comment