Welcome

Following the crowning of my NHS experience with a stint at a PCT and the resulting redundancy (traumatic, though much wanted and worked for), my husband and I are going back to my roots near a small village in Smaland, Sweden. These are our experiences.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Moving Hazard

Uggh, I was warned this would happen by people who are experienced!  I have been engulfed by a huge wave of homesickness. Yes, homesickness for London (??how??why??? what?? etc). Well, not quite London, more for the life I used to know.  The one with certainties and known comforts and pains and with people I could ring up without worrying about the phone bill or whether I was intruding on their lives, the one where I had money and could cycle to Waitrose through the park in the sun.

Of course, these images are somewhat rose-tinted. Certainty re job vanished when the Tories got elected. There also wasn't really that much time to cycle gently through the park and it certainly wasn't always sunny.  I know all this and still I am very lonely, feeling slightly unwell, and am so unsure of myself and my abilities. I have no job to get my selfworth from and, to be honest, am flailing around a little.  It's like leaving University in Thatcher's Britain and I've already done that once!

And that's it.  It's the beginning of a new life, finding a new place in people's lives and my own.  It is entirely possible I'll actually have to get round to reading a Purpose Driven Life and definitely to remember "seek first the Kingdom of God and all these things, WILL be given to you".  Goodness, training the inner man is so tiring and hard work, I have no idea how people manage to train the outer one as well.  All those who manage it are truly awesome and are obviously much better people that I!

Good on you!   and apparently the wave recedes, so normal service will be resumed shortly....

NICE PICTURE OF THE WHATSIT>>>
home in new york - from outside

No comments:

Post a Comment