Welcome

Following the crowning of my NHS experience with a stint at a PCT and the resulting redundancy (traumatic, though much wanted and worked for), my husband and I are going back to my roots near a small village in Smaland, Sweden. These are our experiences.

Monday, February 4, 2013

A New Beginning? Again?

The Tattooed Elk.

???? you say. This is the name of the website that my sister bought for me for my birthday. Graham thought it up as a good name for a pub.  This morphed into a cafe and is now the name of the mother company for an art gallery.

Here in little Bet, I have a dream.  A cultural, art nurturing warm place, where people can feel they are safe to develop their art/craft dreams.  Big or small, it doesn't matter as long as you can feel stimulated, inspired and uplifted.  This may be by buying a piece from an exhibition, or by taking part in a workshop, or by hiring a work or exhibition space.

There are some very good cultural places near, some large town and a major road just 10 minutes drive away.  The road through is reasonably popular during the summer, especially with tourers, so there is either actually or potential footfall.  I was going to convert the woodshed, but our lovely landlord has offered the old mission house, by the pond.

Yes, there is the possibility of a small cafe too.

Much work and discussion with neighbours needs to be done and I am now going to make a start. Hurrah, the name, in Swedish or English, has not been registered by anyone yet.  And, errhh, not unsurprisingly, there is also nothing like it!

Excuse me whilst I start on finding my old notes about business plans, the empire awaits!

No comments:

Post a Comment