Welcome

Following the crowning of my NHS experience with a stint at a PCT and the resulting redundancy (traumatic, though much wanted and worked for), my husband and I are going back to my roots near a small village in Smaland, Sweden. These are our experiences.

Monday, February 25, 2013

Blonde and Beautiful

The classic view of the swede, lithe yet muscular and generally full of health. How is this so?  What exactly is the difference between us and them?

View 1: sitting in the car in a supermarket car park watching 2 groups of workmen coming out of the shop with their SnackAttack bags swinging. They were not on the Yorkie Bars, but were going to stuff their faces with satsumas, apples and bananas.

View 2: following the group of unemployed heading for the Information on Starting Your Own Business seminar, on the 4th floor, the 4TH floor, seeing them all head up the stairs. They didn't even look at the lift. How am I doing to give my lift 30second speel if no one takes the lift?

View 3: coming out of the airport refuelling for the trip back home with a Japp hazelnut bar, hearing the sound of crunching and looking around to see a horde of local youth munching on apples.

This is why the Swedes, on the whole, are all lithe and lovely.  It's possible that I haven't yet been fully culturally assimilated....

No comments:

Post a Comment