Welcome

Following the crowning of my NHS experience with a stint at a PCT and the resulting redundancy (traumatic, though much wanted and worked for), my husband and I are going back to my roots near a small village in Smaland, Sweden. These are our experiences.

Saturday, February 2, 2013

It's been so lovely with the snow and the cold, but last week the weather changed.  As I sat/lay/moped sniffling, the temperatures went above zero (centigrade) and after a week most of the snow melted.  The temperature has started to fall again, so we've been getting some lovely rimefrost.  Yesterday, driving to the supermarket was like driving through ghost forests.  The deciduous trees had every twig outlined in ice crystals. With the dark backdrop of the firs and pines, the fading light and the frost silvered ground, it was beautiful and eerie.  Shame the car hasn't got an on board camera!

It went from this:
and 
to










No comments:

Post a Comment