Welcome

Following the crowning of my NHS experience with a stint at a PCT and the resulting redundancy (traumatic, though much wanted and worked for), my husband and I are going back to my roots near a small village in Smaland, Sweden. These are our experiences.

Thursday, December 20, 2012

On the way to a merry time

I can't believe just how stressed I am about the coming holiday season. A time to remember to best happening in the world, meet friends and family, revive family feuds that were in danger of fizzling out and keeping other fine traditions. I do't know whether it's just lacknof practice, but just the trip over is giving me spots. All we are doing is taking the 5:24 train to Göteborg, staying in a hotel over night and leaving at 5.20 am to go to the airport. I suspect that the logistics of trying to see everyone we want to, which we haven't managed to do, was too much for me. Especially as Christmas is not really the best time to meet up, what with everyone travelling too. And the cat! Would she come back from her morning prowl? Arggghhhh.
Poor, poor Graham. He ended up getting quite stressed too.

I know I've already forgotten my leather gloves and only have my warm mittens.

Still, after a day getting ready for a heart attack, we're sitting in the hotel room watching Jul med Ernst (thoroughly recommended) and chilling, waiting for the flight tomorrow morning and the bigger city at a much warmer temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment