Welcome

Following the crowning of my NHS experience with a stint at a PCT and the resulting redundancy (traumatic, though much wanted and worked for), my husband and I are going back to my roots near a small village in Smaland, Sweden. These are our experiences.

Sunday, December 16, 2012

A Goal to Aim for

One of my dreams is that when I grow up I'll be organised, disciplined and good at something I can make money out of. I have got one out of three, but am slightly despairing of reaching the Meatloaf ideal of 2 out of 3 not being bad. I haven't even finished The Purpose Driven Life! Though it is rather good and I would recommend it, only if it makes you face stuff you'd really rather not.

When I was young I wanted to be the CEO of the World Health Organisation. When I was a little older I thought that CEO of a hospital would be fine. Now it's the Mad Woman in the Forest I'm aiming for. I have the one cat, but must admit that the bourgeoise husband is a bit of a handicap. I'm also at a bit of a loss on how to make a living, ideally something that involves no sense of discipline or personal responsibility at all.  I suppose hippydom would be OK, but I'm not really keen on a scraggy beard, wearing purple and 50 children and again, the husband is not keen on the concept of a yurt.

Accordingly, having read several (american, so it must be right) web sites, I am announcing my goal to the world. Well, at least to the approx 3 people who read this blog. (does that count?) This apparantly makes me more accountable and more likely to have drive and self belief. I do believe that I exist and I know who I am, but this is No Enough! Whatever...

Anyway- I announce that I will be (ed- should read am!) an artist and will hold my first exhibition the week after Easter 2013.

2 comments: