Welcome

Following the crowning of my NHS experience with a stint at a PCT and the resulting redundancy (traumatic, though much wanted and worked for), my husband and I are going back to my roots near a small village in Smaland, Sweden. These are our experiences.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Causes of Ructions

Major, and I mean major, cultural differences do tend to crop up in the most surprising areas.  Take for example
1) the place of moss on a roof - Swede: Arggghhhhh, wash it off NOW!
                                                 Brit: Oooooh, how lovely
2) the place of plaits on a woman - Swede: Oooh, how lovely
                                                      Brit: Arghhhhh, cut them off NOW!

3) the place of bananas on a pizza - Swede: Ooooh, how tasty
                                                      Brit: Argggghh, take them off NOW and I'm washing my mouth out!

and these sorts of things cause wars.....

No comments:

Post a Comment