Welcome

Following the crowning of my NHS experience with a stint at a PCT and the resulting redundancy (traumatic, though much wanted and worked for), my husband and I are going back to my roots near a small village in Smaland, Sweden. These are our experiences.

Friday, June 15, 2012

Settling down??

What a month!  I'm so sorry for having been away, but we've moved.  Internet is non-existent at our new place, so we've had to come up to the summerhouse to get connected.  how many hours do you spend on the internet? Well.... !!! no wonder I never get anything done.
Yes we've moved, Graham has made the decision and I've gone "errhh, yes, OK".  There's nothing like a firm decision to bring on homesickness.  Probably the sensory overload of all this nature as well.  You don't get anything like that in London!  We've moved to a little hamlet and have a 5 room house that you have to duck through the doorways.  It's hired, but the rent isn't that much.  Graham has sheds and a workshop, so is  a happy bunny.
He's started work again after the accident and is just finishing his first week of 2hrs/day. He'll be half time next week.
Next step - find a job for me.  The good news is that I really want one now.  The bad news is that there is a lots of reporting of joblessness etc - It's the 80s all over again!  I really am starting a new life, albeit with suspicious echoing of the past...

No comments:

Post a Comment